This 1 day CPR Training Course (Cardiac First Responder) will provide personnel involved in Healthcare, Sports or any Workplace where they may be frequently exposed to first aid situations with the knowledge and skill to recognize the signs and symptoms of
- Heart Attack
- Cardiac Arrest
- FBAO (foreign body airway obstruction – CHOKING).
During the practical sessions of this CPR Cardiac First Responder course , attendees will have ample opportunity to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and use an Automated External Defibrilator (AED).
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Recognise and identify the signs and symptoms of Cardiac Arrest, Stroke, Heart Attack
- Perform CPR on adults, infants and babies (1 & 2 rescuer)
- Recognise choking and administer treatment
Participants will be competent in the use of devices such as
- Face masks
- BVM (bag valve mask CFR Advanced Course Only)
- AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Aspirin administration, Stroke Assessment (FÁST) and Treatment, Critical Incident Stress
- Awareness & have knowledge of associated legal indemnity Issues
All successful candidates will be certified in CPR and AED use through the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council. Certification is valid for 2 years from date of issue, thereafter subject to re-certification.